Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stadium of Fire Advertising

I remember attending the Stadium of Fire in Provo way back in 1992 when the Beach Boys came to play. I sat down on the stadium field so the seats must have been cheap since I was a college student at the time and didn't have much money. I attended the Stadium of Fire again this last weekend and had a more expensive experience. We sat up in the nose bleed seats and still paid an arm and a leg for the tickets. For the purpose of this blog I paid particular attention to the advertising that was being done by the corporate sponsors. It has been a while since 1992 but I don't remember sitting through 15 minutes of "commercials" from the sponsors. We were a captive audience of over 30,000 people ready to hear about the great companies that were sponsoring the show. None of the sponsors blatantly peddled their products but they sure played on our emotions to make an impression with us that I am sure they are hoping will result in later transactions. The main sponsor of the show was Maakoa. I am not sure what product they sell but I know I wanted to learn more about them after I watched them give away a Harley Davidson Motorcycle to one of the fans in the audience. It left an impression on me as I cheered for this unsuspecting winner. Maybe others felt the same way too. If they did, then this could be a profitable sponsorship for Maakoa. Smart advertising.

1 comment:

  1. I was blown away by how much product Maakoa gave away... and that Harley was unreal. Word on the street is that they're giving away a few others.

    ReplyDelete